Accounting software minimizes inefficiencies such as missed and
unnecessary stops, extraneous vehicle inventories, and manual inventory/order
processes. It is engineered from the perspectives of both front
office management and route delivery/sales people. It is modular
to allow an extremely flexible and scalable solution based on the
unique needs of each customer.
Route Accounting PC
Accounting PC is a software tool for the Microsoft ® Windows ® NT/2000/XP
operating systems designed to help you store, track and manage your routes,
customers, items, pricing groups, pay method discounts, orders,
and more. It offers an efficient
means of controlling and communicating this data to and from handheld computers
running Route Accounting CE and/or Route Accounting for WorkAbout.
Route Accounting PC Features and Benefits
- Master Route Template for building and scheduling daily routes,
as well as cut, paste, or remove stops from any given route and
- Maintains calculated average of items that need to be loaded
onto each route vehicle, for each customer, for each route, for
each day. Items to load for a given route are downloaded to the
handheld computer(s) along with the daily list of stops. The
route salesperson simply follows the loading prompts displayed.
- Secondary loading method for companies that use a designated
person to load route vehicles.
- Built-in communications allow quick downloads of critical route
information to each route person's hand held computer (i.e.,
daily stops, updated pricing groups, driver notes, etc.).
- A selection of standard "quick" reports (i.e., Load/Vehicle
Report, Master Routes Report, Daily Routes Report, etc.) are
available with just a couple of mouse clicks. A powerful, built-in
custom report generator allows users to create and save their
own reports using multiple sort range options and filter selections.
- Standard ASCII file gateway included for uploading/downloading
information to and from other host accounting systems.
Route Accounting CE & Route Accounting
You can choose to operate Route Accounting on
the Psion WorkAbout platform or the Windows CE platform. An intuitive
graphical user interface provides
quick access to functions such as order creation, route/customer sequencing,
tracking of returns and deposits, on-the-fly order editing capabilities, receipt
printing, tracking vehicle inventories, order/sales reports, and much more.
Both software packages support a wide array of peripherals including multiple
printer types, desktop and vehicle docking stations, bar code scanners (integrated
or tethered), dial-in modem solutions, IrDA, DEX/UCS, and wireless LAN/WAN
Route Accounting CE/Route Accounting for WorkAbout Features & Benefits
- Multiple ways to perform and track the loading of vehicles
- Daily routes can run from a sequenced Stop List
- Track inventory on your vehicles (remote warehouses), returns,
reloads, leftover items from previous day(s), and more
- Add non-scheduled stops to your daily Stop List on-the-fly
- Assign customers to pricing groups (making your item pricing
updates faster), or use the customer/item database for customer-specific
pricing, volume discounts, etc.
- Display route notes for customer/route specific information
- Create and edit orders; print invoices and reports
- Support for on-the-fly "miscellaneous customer" order
- Stores history of three previous order quantities
for each customer
- Track expenses, ROAs, deposits/rentals, and assets
- Route salespeople can create, save, print, and upload
notes that they collect regarding a customer account
- Integrated inventory module for capturing inventory
counts of "route related" items within your
remote warehouses or other storage locations, including
- Multi-level password protection (none, partial, or
- Audit trail for edits to orders, databases, reprints
of invoices, etc.
- Built-in software for modem-based file transfers
- Optional DEX/UCS for direct store delivery via electronic
- Optional support for wireless docking of Route Accounting
- Optional real-time transaction processing via wireless
The Route Accounting
system can be utilized for many different types of
route accounting applications
from dairy, snack, ice, and beverage delivery, to hardware,
automotive parts, and medical distribution. Furthermore,
each portable computer can be used to perform different